Friday, July 08, 2011

Inspiration from Japan




















Our first week of summer holiday is almost over and we enjoyed it very much, sorry for being off line for a few days but there was just not so much to blog about ;-) Today was a fun day after a nice visit from Diana and her very cute daughters we went to the Kunsthal to visit the exposition Colour in my Hand by Japanese artist Ayako Rokkaku. We loved the expo, so much colour and cute paintings and the cardboard house ...... my fingers started to itch (kriebelen) and I wanted to get some paint and make my own. Luckily for me and the girls they made a studio where you can see Ayako paint her paintings (she paints with her hands, no brushes involved) and get your own hands dirty (or you can wear plastic gloves) and make your own fantasy world. We left with our wet paintings and a head full ideas...

4 comments:

Veterinaire Agenda - Hiskia said...

heb volgens mij een werk van haar zien hangen op de TEFAF? ziet er in ieder geval uit als een inspirerende dag! en dat vingerverven moeten we hier ook maar eens proberen :-)

Agata said...

Great! Thank you for the nice tip, we will go to get our own hands dirty !!!!
I post today also about museum for children ;-)

Have a nice weekend.

Zita said...

Looks very nice!!

mer said...

that house is stunning. I could definitely see you making something like that.