Monday, November 19, 2012

The making of Frida...




My new D.I.Y kit is almost here....it's inspired by the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. I really love Frida Kahlo's paintings and life story, a story about a stong talented women who was so passionate about her work and although her life was hard she never gave up and was so full of life.
This design was not just designed by me but also by my talented daughter Sofia, she made the lovely drawing of Frida Khalo for her 8th birthday party. For her birthday I also designed a Frida doll (pictured in the above picture left) that doll I never finished, it still has pins that attach her legs to her body,  but an idea was born...

So in the spring of this year I decided it was time for a new D.I.Y set , so I started working on a Frida D.I.Y kit, incorporating the lovely drawing of Sofia and the idea of the Frida doll. I have spend many hours designing , looking at all of Frida's work and pictures and had so much fun making these new sets. The fabric arrived just an hour ago from the screenprinter and I cannot wait to cut, sew and pack it and put it in my shop. I hope to have it ready by tomorrow for a big Frida shop update!

1 comment:

lily boot said...

that's so gorgeous! All those little Fridas! I've been following your Frida story and you inspired me to hunt down a copy of the film to share with my 15 year old. Frida is such a remarkable person - her resilience and creativity are breathtaking :-) Looking forward to the shop update.