Tuesday, December 07, 2010

New coat for Sofia

This morning I finished the new coat for Sofia, I did most of the cutting and sewing on sunday while the girls where playing with their new toys they got from Sinterklaas and just had to add buttons. I consinder myself to be a good sewer but some things I still find a little bit tricky, like making holes for buttons, so I decided to cheat a little bit and use snap buttons in combination whith a real button. The coat is lined with a floral cotton and has two inside pockets. Sofia is very pleased with the result and so I'm I. Now she can walk the streets of Paris in style.....

***

for the who wants to know I used the pattern from the Check &Stripe standard book( ISBN 978-4-418-07403-7) and added the hood from a pattern for a womens coat from the Check& Stripe Parisian style book (ISBN 978-4-08-780485-0)

***
I love Japanese sewing books!!

2 comments:

diplodoc said...

It looks great!! You are an artist!

hellokilljoy said...

I adore japanese sewing books too! I make quite a few of clothes from them.
I have finished my ornaments and will be sending them off tomorrow. I'm glad you like my little birds - your bunnies are adorable. And that snow is amazing!