Monday, June 28, 2010

Guess where we are going on our holiday.....

We found a Holiday swap, we are going to Vienna (Austria), we are really looking forward to our trip to this beautiful city and country, there will be lots to see and do, can't wait to visit the Hundertwasser house and see Klimt paintings and of course enjoy the nature. If you have any tips what to see or do I would love to hear from you.

I visited Austria with my family when I was the same age as Mila and my mum bought some lovely traditional fabrics and made me a Dirndl, it was my favourite dress for a long time, luckily my mum still had it and now it's just the right size for Mila. My mum also bought a Dirndl for my sister and so Sofia and Mila already know what they will pack for their holiday.

7 comments:

Juniper said...

Happy holidays! Vienna is fantastic a destination (and nicely tied into your own personal history too). Enjoy it!

I. Maia said...

Vienna? That is where I am!... When are you coming? You have to visit Naschmarkt and go for a breakfast in MQ (Museumsquartier). Schönbrunn including the Zoo, the Stephansdom catacombs, go to Demel for a cake... Enjoy it!

lichtblauwgrijs said...

En in de richting van India ;), gr, Hetty

Ozowiezo said...

Veel plezier in Oostenrijk!
Ik ging vroeger ook altijd, in de zomer, heb er heel goede herinneringen aan. En die foto van jou is ook schattig!

Fernanda said...

It's a fantastic destination!
My son love the Naturiche museum and my daughter Sissi's museum.

Enjoy!

Driehoek said...

Is the girl in the top right photo you??? So cute!
I lived in Vienna almost 15 years ago, and visited again 2 years ago with my family. Kids loved the zoo and Prater the amusement park. You have to visit Schonburnn of course. Have a stroll in the huge garden to meet deers and squirells. We were lucky that they were running "Max & Morits" at the Volksoper. We enjoyed it a lot. Do not miss the Naschmarkt too! Have a wonderful holiday. Love, Masami

Anonymous said...

You wrote that you'd found a holiday swap. Did you swap houses with friends or strangers? If the latter, did you use an agency or a specific website? I'm interested to swap houses while being on holiday as well, but don't know where to start. I'm living in Hamburg, Germany.
Thanx for writing the blog!
Hartelijke groeten en een prettige dag!
Maja